Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Custumary customs

We're now 8 days away from departure and while I'm busy thinking about castles and Hogwarts film sites, Mark is busy trying to figure out how to get through security and then customs. It turns out that bringing a bunch of science equipment to the UK in a post-9/11 era is not as easy, as, well, bringing a bunch of tubas and a drum set to Chicago.

These customs forms are not simple. You would think that between the two of us we'd be able to figure it out. Consider that I have three years experience doing paperwork for a UC school, which means I have seen every stupid form imaginable including cover sheets for cover sheets that REALLY did have the acronym TPS. I thought I could figure out most any illogical form until Mark showed me customs form C88. Yeeesh. I'm sure in the end we'll (he'll) figure it out though.

Meanwhile planning is still happening for our trip. Slowly but surely details are coming into place and we're starting to come out of denial... we really are going to get to go on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment