Saturday, May 7, 2011

So long, California!

First, I uploaded a few pictures from yesterday. Don't forget I have link to my picasa albums on the right column of the blog. If you want something even more obvious and easier, you can click HERE

Next, here's the run down on the last two days.

Day: Two
Miles driven: 0
City: Anaheim, California

We spent our second day of our trip enjoying the Disneyland Resort. We started the morning off in the California Adventure park (DCA as most call it) and then spent the afternoon and evening in the Disneyland park. Our evening was filled with fireworks and topped off with a quick round of last minute rides. I can't believe I won't be living close to Mickey Mouse any more. I guess I'll just have to go to Disney World!

Some quick highlights of the Disney pics for those not inclined to scroll through the picasa albums:

Toy Story Mania is the best ride ever! 

Steph and Julia have a tea party

Kristen and Mark go on a cruise

Steph and Julia on Mickey's Fun Wheel





Day: Three
Miles driven: 430
City: Williams, Arizona

Today was a driving day. we made good time on the road and we're well into I-40, which will be the interstate that we spend most of our trip on. We're all done with California and have seven states to go!




Here are the cliff notes from today's pictures:

GAS off of route 66

The cost of gas at formerly mentioned gas station

Arizona State Line

Tomorrow morning we're heading a bit north to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon! When I was seventeen I went on a very special trip there with my dad and aunt and uncle (we took the mules down to the base and back) and now I can't wait to share this fantastic place with Mark and Steph and Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment